The US Department of Justice (DOJ) filed a motion in federal court Wednesday seeking to set aside the verdict and dismiss the indictment on corruption charges against former senator Ted Stevens (R-AK).
Absolutely appalling. Is this what happens when you hire based on politics? Is this the equivalent of management at FEMA during Katrina? Lawyers may be the butt of many jokes, but most/all the attorneys I know attempt to uphold high standards of ethics. It’s certainly what we’re taught throughout law school. This kind of behaviorâ€”no jokeâ€”gives criminal law and the entire criminal justice system a bad reputation that is bad for everyone.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Will former U.S. Sen. Ted Stevens get his corruption conviction reversed? (hubdub.com)
- Holder orders charges dropped against Ted Stevens (lezgetreal.com)
- U.S. to Drop Case Against Ex-Senator From Alaska (nytimes.com)
- U.S. Plans to Drop Case Against Former Senator From Alaska (nytimes.com)
- Ted Stevens’ Charges Dropped by DOJ (takepart.com)
- Stevens conviction to be reversed (news.bbc.co.uk)